Northeastern Conference Adventurer Sabbath
June 30, 2018
Hud-Cap and New England South was asked to facilitate the Sabbath School program for the Adventurers on June 30, 2018.
Our theme for the day is Arise for Action and we will be completing the "Good Samaritan Award" during Sabbath School. To fulfill requirement #7 of the award, all Adventurers will get an opportunity to participate in a compassion project. For the compassion project the Adventurers in the Queens and Hud-Cap area are asked to bring socks, pajamas, slippers and t-shirts for our the boys and girls at the Children's Home in Poughkeepsie. The size should be for children ages 4 - 9. Each Adventurer who donates an item for the compassion project will receive a wrist band that state, "I DID".
Below is a copy of the program, please check your club assignment and let me know whether or not your club will be able to do their assigned tasks.
For the breakout session the we teach numbers 1-5 of the Good Samaritan Award in a fun and creative way.
1. What does it mean to have a need?
2. What is promised to those who help those with a need?
3. Read and discuss Matthew 25:35-40.
4. What agencies are available to help someone with a need?
5. How does your local church help those with a need?
6. Discuss ways you can help those who have a need.
Here are some craft examples.